Carol Burnett, Tim Curry and Bernadette Peters perform “Easy Street” on Annie, 1982.
How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
Um, yes. I will be doing this.
Yes. I support this movement
watch me be loud as hell
I had no idea there were so few clothes that go above a size 14! I’ve never paid attention to it, but after this post I went into one of the bigger stores in Holland and here it’s the same! All the stuff in the front of the store goes up to 16, maybe some go higher and they were sold out but that seems unlikely, so weird I’ve never noticed that before, I read this post and I almost automatically went ‘I don’t think that’s true for Holland,’ but it is!
"Bonnie and Clyde" opened on Broadway at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on December 1st, 2011. Starring the talents of Laura Osnes and Jeremy Jordan, the show failed to catch on and closed after only 36 performances.
The fact that Bonnie and Clyde constitutes as a “musical flop” causes me physical pain.
|10-year-old me:||Wow idk that's a lot of money|
|15-year-old me:||Kickass, that's so cheap|
|20-year-old me:||Wow idk that's a lot of money|
DO NOT SCROLL PASS. THIS IS YOUR DAUGHTER, YOUR SISTER, YOUR FRIEND. PLEASE HELP TO BRING #relisha #rudd BACK HOME SAFE AND SOUND.
Y’all, this case is like 3000% legit. It’s been all over the news in my area and the search for her has turned into a search for her body. The man who took her is also wanted for the murder of his own wife.
Relisha is the 3rd girl to go missing in the our area in the past month. She is thought to be with Kahlil Malik Tatum, a janitor at her school, who is thought to be driving either of the cars stated in the above flyer.
Please signal boost this, the DC Police may have started to give up hope, but there still may be a chance for Relisha Rudds.
. Please sign the petition to close this disgusting zoo.
Please sign the petition. Please. Reblogging this because no creature - human or animal - deserves to live like this. NO ONE.
NOTHING should have to live like that….thats horrible …I hope everyone signs the petition!!!
it took me about 2 minutes to sign this, 2 minutes of your time could mean so much. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK AND SIGN THIS.
This is so sad omg